Monday, February 9, 2009

It's Looking Grim

It's another grim day in Vegas. The surrounding mtns have snow and the rain keeps coming and going. The wind is howling, it's cold and I have been off my bike for what seems to be an eternity! I have to plan this trip so I really shouldn't be too fussed about the weather and no saddle time. I seem to be up in the wee hours of the morning until the wee hours of the night plugging away on last minute details.

The next step is preparing for 24 hours of Old Pueblo. Good thing I am not racing but I will be photographing the grand event for MBUK (the mountain bike magazine in the UK). There are a few contenders in this race - One is my boyfriend, Ant White, who will be wearing a Project Rwanda jersey, and came in at an impressive second place in the men's solo pro category at The 12 hours of Temecula race just 2 weeks ago (only 14 minutes behind 2 time Olympian, Tinker Juarez - results) along with Ian Leitch, riding for Independent Fabrication, (2nd place winner of the biggest 24 hour race in the UK, Mountain Mayhem - results -notice Ant White as first place solo). I have a few other key riders I am hoping to feature. One is a dear friend, Robin Brown, who will be riding his single speed, solo, with ONE arm. The other a female friend who will be riding solo as well under the name "Ignorance Is." Would that have a Forrest Gump reference in there somewhere?

As I plan my gear bag I have to take into consideration the conditions. Cold and possibly VERY wet - the recipe for disaster when taking photos! Fingers freeze and everyone knows cameras do not like the rain. I also have to get packing for my huge jaunt so I feel a bit under pressure.

Anyway - photos will be posted of 24 HOP - and I will keep you up to date on the packing front. At least with this brutal weather I don't feel so guilty not being on the bike. Instead I must continue keeping myself occupied doing things in preparation for these events... right?

Looking forward to you checking back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment